Summer vacation is here for one of my three children. It kinda stinks that they are in two different school systems but that just seems to be what meets their needs the best. For our first summer muffin tin lunch we did a Dog Days of Summer Theme.
- Doggy Cupcake (click HERE to see how to make your own)
- Pawprint (apple cut with cookie cutter and then colored with black sprinkles which melted)
- Bone (cheese quesadilla cut with cookie cutter)
- Veggie Dog Face (dip with carrot ears and red pepper face)
- Black and White Dog (cheese quesadilla cut with cookie cutter and colored with food grade markers)
- Dog Food (chopped chicken nuggets
The black on the apple weirded L out a bit and she just nibbled around the edges. She did eat all of the veggie face and I had some extras cut off to the side which she also ate. I thinks she views veggies as a untensil used for eating dip :)
The first thing L did when she sat down to eat was pick up the dog quesadilla and bite his head off. Perhaps my child has a little Ozzy in her. For the cupcake she ate the eats, then the rest of the face, then the frosting and then to my utter amazement she actually ate the cake. I wanted to shout "Hey Mikey likes it!" I know that is dating myself a bit.
There are tons of cute dog books to pair with a lunch like this but I just love Bark, George by Jules Feiffer.
In this adorable story, George's mom is trying to teach him to bark but each time he opens his mouth, the sound from another animals comes out, like an oink or a meow.
Thanks for visiting Fakin It. I would love it if you "liked" my blog or became a follower. Have a great week!