School is out but not the sun. I am beginning to think we live in the rain forest. While everything looks all lush and green and healthy, I'm hoping we don't get any tropical diseases along with the view. And while it is raining outdoors, we are indoors, dreaming about what we are going to do when we get a warm sunny afternoon. Today we decided to make those dreams a little more concrete with a Summer Bucket List Banner to remind us what we have to look forward to.
I am so in love with this "Boys Will Be Boys" Cricut cartridge. There are tons of fun images and a cool font. For this project, each kid got to dig through my cardstock piles and choose 3 colors, one for the bucket, bucket lip and shovel. This pink one is mine. I cut the bucket and layers at 11 & 1/2 ".
I just glued the layers down with regular old glue sticks. The note paper came from my daughters tiny princess pocket notebook. I just trimmed the edges to make it fit better.
- Make Homemade Poptarts from this recipe at Smitten Kitchen
- Take kids to the Columbus Ohio Zoo. It is supposed to be the best in the country and we've never been.
- Do a photo shoot of the kids at the botanical gardens. It is so beautiful there, much prettier than any backdrop at a photo studio.
- Redo my office/junk room into a craft room
- Learn to can/jar
- Read a steamy romance novel ( I sometimes take myself too seriously and will only read "literature") So if you have a title of a good summer romance for me to read, I'd love to hear it!
And if you like my posts, I would LOVE if you would become a FAN! Just click the "like" button in the upper right of this page:)