Three years ago we went to Disney Land in California when my Tigger and Pooh lovin son had a sweet treat he has not stopped talking about since. They're called Tigger Tails. We took our first trip to Disney World in Florida this past fall and all J could talk about was eating another Tigger Tail. Not the rides, not the characters, not the super cool Animal Kingdom Lodge we were going to stay in. NO! We were paying umpteen (it's a number) dollars so my kid could eat the back end of an animal off a stick.
While we were at Disney, I went into every snack shop, candy shop, restaurant, pop stand, gift shop, bathroom I could find. No one had even heard of a Tigger Tail. Curse you Disney Land for creating such a concoction and not sharing it with the World (get it? the World? as in Disney World? ) I know - I crack myself up.
So I did what any resourceful mom would do. I made my own. And I am going to show you how, so that you may never experience the torture I did, spending my vacation NOT searching down Tigger, just his blasted edible tail.
- a whole bag of caramels minus 5 or 6 for snacking on as you unwrap the rest
- a whole bag of orange candy melts
- about 1/3 cup of chocolate chips
- 32 regular sized marshmallows
- Line baking sheet with wax paper
- Get 8 skewers and place 4 marshmallows on each
- once melted spoon caramel over marshmallow while rotating skewer to get all sides covered
- set on wax paper to cool (my caramel stuck to my cheap wax paper, if you know of something that for sure won't stick, use that instead)
Step 5: Step 5 can not be shown because it appeared...well...kinda...obscene.
- melt orange candy melts in microwave preferably in tall narrow container
- I have a wooden block with small holes drilled in that my husband made me for cake pops which I used for these also. Styrofoam works well too.
- dip caramel covered marshmallows in orange candy melt and then stand upright. You see- suddenly-I had this sorta of fleshy colored phallic shaped object standing erect before me. My cheeks are burning red just telling you about it and there is no way I was taking a picture of it.
- And before you can put the chocolate stripes on- you have to let it ---uh---umm--ok I'm just gonna say it- you have to let it get hard. There go my cheeks again!
Step 6: Add stripes
- melt your chocolate chips for about 15 seconds in a plastic sandwich bag in the microwave
- snip small hole in corner of bag
- pipe chocolate stripes on tail
Step 7: Put back in fridge to get the opposite of soft
After all the embarrassment you get a yummy snack which I had to cut with a knife and fork because I couldn't bear to put it in my mouth whole after all those inappropriate thoughts. I have also gone to confession and said ten Hail Mary's to clear my conscious. Just so ya know- in case you were concerned for my soul.
Don't forget to click on my Link Party Page to see all the awesome blog parties I connect with each week. I would also love it if you became a facebook fan or you can become a followerswith my brand new Google Friend Connect Widget.