It's time to start planning for the 2012 Cub Scout calendar. One of our biggest events each year is the Father Son Cake Bake. We also use this night as a charity fundraiser. The first two years we raised money and food donations for the local food bank and last year we raised money and necessities for our local Humane Society and the theme for our cakes was ANIMALS.
Fundraiser #1 for Humane Society: Candy Buy-back
- After Halloween each Scout's parents were asked to "buy" back candy from their children
- The parent got to designate the $ per piece or per pound
- Both the candy which was bought back and the money "earned" was turned into den leader
- The candy was donated to our affiliated church. They put it in stockings for needy children at Christmas
- The $ went to the Humane Society
- The den which collected the most money earned a pizza party for their next den meeting
Fundraiser #2 for Humane Society: DIY Sock Catnip Fish
- Get a bag of catnip
- Collect old baby or toddler socks from Scout families
- Need Sharpie Markers
- Fill sock with 1-2 tablespoons catnip
- Stuff in another sock as filling
- Tie knot in sock
- Draw on fish face
- Give to kitties at Humane Society
Fundraiser #3for Humane Scoiety: Father Son Animal Themed Cake Bake
- Get list from local Humane Society of items needed
- Plan Cake Bake where every cake has to be somehow related to animals
- Admission to Cake Bake is monetary donation or supply donation
Here are a few pictures from the making of the cat toys and a couple of the very cool animal cakes that the Scouts created.
This project can also be used to help earn your Pet Care Pin.
Thanks so much for visiting Scout Mom. Stop back soon!